@andrewbrown12 opened this Issue on November 9th 2015 Contributor

pageUrl segment does not work with =@ contains operator for the Site Search Keyword Panel

Issue #2727 is a similar issue that has fixed this problem in other areas, but it is still present ont he Site Search Keyword Panel.

If I add a segment based on the URL containing one of our base URLs no results are show, however the Pages Following a Search panel correctly segments the data. To prove this issue I have swapped to doesn't contain operator and still get no results in the Site Search Keyword panel

@mattab commented on November 25th 2015 Member

Could you please paste one or two screenshots showing the problem? (ie. segment editor + site search results segmented and un-segmented?)

@andrewbrown12 commented on November 26th 2015 Contributor

Hi Matt,

Here is the Site Search Keyword with no Segment

The config for contains mydomain segment


This results in no entries in the panel even though most of the searches are from this domain

Trying the inverse doesn't contain mydomain segment

Still returns no results, which indicates to me that the Segmentation by Page URL isn't working.


@mattab commented on November 27th 2015 Member

can you try to remove https from the segment, does it work better?

@andrewbrown12 commented on November 27th 2015 Contributor

I've just tried without https and still doesn't work.


@mattab commented on December 23rd 2015 Member

Maybe this issue is related to #8878 and #8972

@mattab commented on July 1st 2016 Member

This was also reported in the forums:

I've tried doing so by building a segment where 'Page URL' 'equals' << page URL name >>. I think I have segmented visitors that have visited this page, among other pages and expect the other pages to also show in the pages overview. However, I can only see this specific page in the Actions > Pages overview.

The issue lies in how Piwik implements segmentation when one is segmenting based on actions dimensions. We will likely fix this issue in a next version. this PR will help us: https://github.com/piwik/piwik/pull/10264 cc @tsteur

@mattab commented on September 22nd 2017 Member
@mattab commented on October 27th 2019 Member

This should be fixed in Matomo 3.12.0 which will be released tomorrow - if you still experience this issue then, let us know.

This Issue was closed on September 22nd 2017
Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror