The build failed on MYSQLI - I'll try fix it this week
The Mysqli solution seems to work, the PDO/MySQL solution only if I specify the option in the PDO constructor as displayed in this example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2925831/php-mysql-can-you-distinguish-between-rows-matched-and-rows-affected/2925972#2925972 . Otherwise it does not work
we found the same thing see https://github.com/piwik/piwik/commit/9f9c5a015c7ed2830baba3ce134aef4d2cba0461
ok, maybe I got a cached version of the diff. Didn't see it.
Note: this change only affects Tracker\Db and not the main Db used in core Piwik. I rather only change TrackerDb for now as we don't yet need this change for core DB.