The goal of this issue to let a user back-fill the goal conversions data for days in the past after having created a new goal. The benefits will be that Goal reports will be available for days in the past, even for new created goals: awesome!
Here is an idea of a solution: we need a new console command:
- given a date range,
- given a goal ID,
./console goals:backfill-conversions --date-range="2014-01-01,2014-02-01" --idgoal=1
- it goes through the visits and actions log and look only for visits or actions that trigger a goal conversion for any of the goals.
- invalidate the archived data after re-creating goal conversions in past dates. (will benefit from: #5932).
- if manually running a console command is not user friendly enough it may be possible to schedule the Backfill automatically as a scheduled task, eg. a setting for a goal
Backfill data for this goal of a given goal or so.
- add new FAQ to document command
- add mention in Goal Tracking user guide
- a console command working on logs already exists as geoIpUpdateRows and will be deprecated by new: #6146
- building an easy to use console command,
- refactor code to re-use the Tracker logic with existing log,
- test it on large instance,
- write automated tests,
- create user guide and faq