@lucanos opened this Issue on May 8th 2008

Having gotten past BUG#202, I ran into another unexpected error - my lack of PDO extensions in PHP.

I managed to enable the extensions (after Googling for advice on how to), so my suggestions for this stage is this.

  1. Use the PHPInfo data (through a buffer) to determine the Server Platform and whether PHP has been compiled with PDO extensions.
    This will mean that the user need only be shown the instructions for their relevant platform - No point a Windows Server user seeing instructions for Unix.
  2. Unix Extract the 'php.ini' file location from the PHPInfo data and advise the user to edit it using a command like
vi /.../php.ini

Tell the user to find the lines initialising other extensions and to add the following:


Providing this information straight-up and without expecting the User to investigate how to execute the steps described in somewhat misleading text (ie in Unix, you drup the "php_" prefix of the extensions) would be great.
Keywords: install

@mattab commented on May 9th 2008 Member

(In [468]) - fix #5630 now displaying a user friendly error message

This Issue was closed on May 9th 2008
Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror