The goal of this ticket is to find a good home for all developer documentation that are related to building plugins and themes in the open analytics platform Piwik.
As part of the Piwik 2.0 release we are investing in creating useful documentation for developers:
- list of Hooks #4134 and #4199
- the Plugin Files Generator #4121
- how to publish a plugin on the Marketplace #4053
- How to write a theme #3942
- Doc for PHP developers #4200
- finally: a coherent global experience for plugin developers #4122
We will host the Developers Documentation at: http://developer.piwik.org
Thoughts about developer.piwik.org portal:
- The homepage will provide a good overview of what can be done with the Piwik platform. It will link to the various available docs.
- written in markdown
- let's put the doc text in GIT so we get history
- maybe this repo could become code + doc text of developer.piwik.org
- Let's use pre-existing good looking bootstrap theme or similar
- All pages will have a left menu/sidebar that lists the main content and pages available.
- Documentation moved htere:
Good example of developer portal: