When I updated from version 0.2.9 (my original install) to 0.2.16 today, I encountered the following errors when I first attempted to go to http://[mydomain]/piwik:
Translation string 'PluginsAdmin_MenuPlugins' not available.
#0 /home/mvpontheweb.com/public_html/piwik/plugins/PluginsAdmin/PluginsAdmin.php(28): Piwik_Translate('PluginsAdmin_Me...')
#1 /home/mvpontheweb.com/public_html/piwik/core/PluginsManager.php(170): Piwik_PluginsAdmin->postLoad()
#2 /home/mvpontheweb.com/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php(236): Piwik_PluginsManager->postLoadPlugins()
#3 /home/mvpontheweb.com/public_html/piwik/index.php(51): Piwik_FrontController->init()
This was easy to resolve - I just edited piwik/lang/en.php to duplicate (in case it is used elsewhere as Core... not just Plugins...) the Core... version of this string as follows:
'CorePluginsAdmin_MenuPlugins' => 'Plugins',
'PluginsAdmin_MenuPlugins' => 'Plugins',
After the change I was able to access http://[mydomain]/piwik, however, after the DB update script ran, the next page produced several (3-5) of this error:
Notice: Object of class Zend_Config could not be converted to int in /home/mvpontheweb.com/public_html/piwik/core/Config.php on line 172
followed by the cannot send headers because output was already started by the error handler(s). I believe that all of the actual errors occured in the same file on the same line number.
PS - I also opened ticket #s 411 & 412 without setting their Milestone but I cannot find a method to correct that mistake.
In the new en.php file bundled with 0.2.16 the string is def available; are you sure you uploaded all new files?
Yep - uploaded all files without error (according to FTP Voyager). en.php was there, but there was a mismatch between the use of the string as PluginsAdmin_MenuPlugins when what is in en.php is CorePluginsAdmin_MenuPlugins.
It appears that piwik/plugins/PluginsAdmin from 0.2.9 is now piwik/plugins/CorePluginsAdmin. The upgrade procedure I used was to upload 0.2.16 overthe 0.2.9 installation. Are there directories that needed to be deleted or file changes that I needed to make?
This is very good point..
Plugins = PluginsAdmin
from your config/config.ini.php
and delete the plugins/PluginsAdmin
that should hopefully fix it?
I just updated from 0.2.16 to 0.2.17 via upload over the current install and I get the same error message and the same fix corrected it. For grins I tried deleting the contents of piwik/tmp/templates_c but that did not help. Looking around, I found that config.ini.php has both PluginsAdmin and CorePluginsAdmin listed in the [and Plugins stanzas. There seem to be several dupes - PluginsAdmin/CorePluginsAdmin, AdminHome/CoreAdminHome, Updater/CoreUpdater (Updater was only in stanza, Home/CoreHome. I commented out the non "Core" versions in both stanzas and removed the duplicated en.php line and it is working.
Not sure how this should be handled but the downlevel plugins should probably be deleted or something to prevent this issue from arising. Maybe this could be added to the README or somewhere else in the version docs when a new version is released.