@anonymous-matomo-user opened this Issue on September 27th 2012

I can see today's goals in real time when viewing by "Visits to conversion", by "Country", etc, but when i view goals by "custom variable", displayed data is several hours old.

Maybe I need to configure some parameter? I think it's a bug.
Keywords: custom variables, real time

@anonymous-matomo-user commented on September 28th 2012

Attachment: Everything was right with 4 custom variables

@anonymous-matomo-user commented on September 28th 2012

Attachment: Something broke when 5th custom variable was added

@anonymous-matomo-user commented on September 28th 2012

Attachment: All 5 variables appear ok when quering visits by custom variable

@mattab commented on September 28th 2012 Member

can you show screnshot of visitor log showing Goals + custom Vars, and then screenshot of Goals per custom var report, that will show the data issue ?

@anonymous-matomo-user commented on September 28th 2012


more details about the problem: (Maybe ticket should be renamed)

  • When user lands on my site, I set 4 different custom variables, 1..4. It's been working right for a long time. All visits to my site have these 4 variables defined.
  • Yesterday, I made a modification. When visitor enters an special section, I set the 5th custom variable.
  • The scope of all five variables is "visit".

Since I added that 5th custom variable, I'm getting wrong numbers when querying goals reports by custom variable. It seems the first four variables aren't being counted. I've attached 3 screenshots, one from 2 days ago, with all 4 variables ok. The second screenshot is a report for today with wrong numbers.
The third one is "Visits by custom variable", where everything seems ok.

I've checked the log_visit table, and all five custom variables appear defined for today's visits.

@anonymous-matomo-user commented on October 3rd 2012

Hello again.

I found I was setting the 5th custom variable on each page view. I was assigning always the same value, but maybe Piwik doesn't like this behaviour...

I modified my site so the custom variable is set only the first time the user enters this special section, and numbers seem to be ok again.

This Issue was closed on October 3rd 2012
Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror