There are a few compatibility problems in Internet Explorer 7:
1) The page switcher doesn't work properly.
2) Table headings move down if there is another heading with more lines and the column is used to sort the table (e.g. sort by Downloads in Actions/Downloads).
3) Table headings move down when the tooltip is shown.
4) Submenu item sometimes have two lines (e.g. Locations & Providers)
2) & 3) are fixed.
4) only occurs sometimes. May be conntected to the CSS3PIE framework, since it also only works sometimes... Has anybody else noticed this problem?
1) remains. Can someone else fix this?
some of those issues are connected to CSS3PIE. I'm currently working on switching js confirms to jquery dialogs (#2123) and also noticed some IE7 issues. Will try to fix it where possible. Maybe it's required to disable CSS3PIE for some elements.
SteveG, what are your thoughts regarding CSS3PIE? Is 1) Page swticher not working still an issue in IE7 (I only have IE8) ?
I didn't have any trouble with page switcher in IE7 after my changes. For language switcher and the buttons in the confirm overlays I disabled CSS3PIE as I didn't found a way to get it work correctly in IE7/8. For now CSS3PIE should work correctly in most cases, but seen long term I would consider to remove it again. I guess its not a real problem if there are no rounded corners in IE7/8. And if someone really wants to have them he should update to IE9 or just use another browser ;)
Thanks for clarifications ;)
I'd actually vote to completely remove rounded corners from Piwik.
IMHO squared corners give a more robust and professional look.