@solevis opened this Issue on June 7th 2022

Expected Behavior

When selecting a period of time, for example a month, the Campaign Names' table must show the sum of all visits of the period..

Current Behavior

Currently, selecting a period of time display a lower value in the table instead of the sum of all visits for the corresponding period.

For example, this campaign show 802 visits for the month of May:
CampaignNamesTable

But if I display the Row evolution chart by week, I can see that the first week of the campaign we reach 10,483 visits, value far away from the previous "802" of the table.

RowEvolution

This may be intended behavior, but we don't understand.

Possible Solution

Steps to Reproduce (for Bugs)

  1. Select a period of time (for example, a month)
  2. Go to the widget Acquisition > Campaign > Campaign Names
  3. Check the value of visits for one campaign
  4. Open Row evolution and select a lower period (for example by weeks)
  5. Values of each weeks aren't the sum of the displayed value in the widget

Context

Our CMO need the sum of all visits for the concerned period to check evolution of a campaign, compare with others campaigns, like in Google Analytics.

Your Environment

  • Matomo Version: 4.10.1
  • PHP Version: 7.4
  • Server Operating System: Debian 11
  • Additionally installed plugins: MarketingCampaignsReporting
@bx80 commented on June 8th 2022 Contributor

Hi @solevis, thanks for reporting this. Those figures do look incorrect. I was unable to recreate the issue on demo.matomo.cloud so it could be a bug specific to your configuration or data. Our product team will review the issue for further prioritization.

@heurteph-ei commented on June 10th 2022

Isn't it a problem of data archiving?

@bx80 commented on June 12th 2022 Contributor

Isn't it a problem of data archiving?

Yes, that would seem likely.

@solevis If you are comfortable with running console commands then you could try invalidating and re-archiving the data for the month of May to see if the correct figures are shown after the data is regenerated.

I don't know your exact configuration but if your site id was 1 then the console command would be:

./console core:invalidate-report-data --dates=2022-05-01,2022-05-31 --sites=1

You can then trigger the re-archiving with:

./console core:archive

There is more information in this FAQ

Hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

@solevis commented on June 13th 2022

Isn't it a problem of data archiving?

Yes, that would seem likely.

@solevis If you are comfortable with running console commands then you could try invalidating and re-archiving the data for the month of May to see if the correct figures are shown after the data is regenerated.

I don't know your exact configuration but if your site id was 1 then the console command would be:

./console core:invalidate-report-data --dates=2022-05-01,2022-05-31 --sites=1

You can then trigger the re-archiving with:

./console core:archive

There is more information in this FAQ

Hope that helps! 🙂

Hi @bx80,

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I already done new archiving of all our data since march (twice), and nothing has changed.

I don't know if it can help, but we run Matomo with two frontends in load balancing and a third server as database.

@peterbo commented on June 13th 2022 Contributor

@solevis did you enable the MarketingCampaignsReporting plugin within this period or shortly before that? Compare the numbers with the other report Acquisition -> All Channels - are the numbers for Campaigns correct in this report?

@solevis commented on June 13th 2022

Hi @peterbo,

  • I installed the MarketingCampaignsReporting the 25th may
  • In Acquisition -> All Channels values seems correct, I have 14,474 for the month of may for the campaign I used as example in my first post (instead of 802 in Acquisition > Campaigns)
@solevis commented on June 13th 2022

I checked values around the 25th of may (install date of the MarketingCampaignsReporting plugin), and values before the 25th are perfectly aligned between "Acquisition -> All Channels" and "Acquisition > Campaigns" and as soon as include data archived from the 25th may I have differences.

@peterbo commented on June 13th 2022 Contributor

This is remotely connected with this: https://github.com/matomo-org/plugin-MarketingCampaignsReporting/issues/9. The plugin uses other database fields for reporting, therefore wrong numbers are reported for overlapping / intersecting timeframes (core campaign handling to new campaign plugin).

Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror