I use the MariaDB database and MaxScale 6.1.3 for read-write separation. However, matomo does not work properly, and SQL syntax errors will be reported. I don't know whether it's not supported or the maxscale setting problem. I hope to get help.
I have tried to use MariaDB directly without MaxScale.
Thanks for creating this issue. I'm not familiar with MaxScale, but maybe it limits the SQL syntax in any way so some of our queries don't work anymore.
Maybe you could provide some details about the syntax errors you recieves. Maybe that helps to identify the issue,
@tsteur I now bypass MaxScale (which is a gateway or middleware) and directly connect to MariaDB. This is not very friendly. MaxScale supports automatic switching of the primary server. Now, when the server fails, I can only switch manually. I guess it's probably because MaxScale doesn't support functions like load file, but I didn't track and debug Matomo.
Maybe check if it can update the DNS automatically when it switches over then the problem would be solved. I don't know if it supports that.
I encountered this problem when using matomo. If you want to know the situation, you can install and test this statistical program. If you don't want to deal with it, take it as if I didn't mention it.