fixes #17738 Don't log an error when not supported browser is used
To reproduce the error (before the changes in this ticket):
- Monitor the server (e.g. Apache) error log, e.g.
tail -f error_log
- Do a GET on matomo with an unsupported browser version e.g. Firefox < version 32, e.g.
wget -U "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0" --no-check-certificate https://127.0.0.1/matomo/
To test the fix:
- Repeat the steps to reproduce above - you should not see the message in the error log.
- In config.ini.php, set loglevel=DEBUG (the default is WARN):
log_level = DEBUG
- Repeat the steps to reproduce above - you should now see the message in the error log.
- [ ] Functional review done
- [ ] Potential edge cases thought about (behavior of the code with strange input, with strange internal state or possible interactions with other Matomo subsystems)
- [ ] Usability review done (is anything maybe unclear or think about anything that would cause people to reach out to support)
- [ ] Security review done see checklist
- [ ] Code review done
- [ ] Tests were added if useful/possible
- [ ] Reviewed for breaking changes
- [ ] Developer changelog updated if needed
- [ ] Documentation added if needed
- [ ] Existing documentation updated if needed