Let's having a fresh clean install of matomo (4.3.1) to keep the explanation more simple. i think the issue still exists if more user data is available, but it's may hard to get the awareness of this issue.
when an item is added to the cart without viewing the item-/article-/productpage itself and checkout process is completed, the conversionrate of this article is zero. if the the product-page is visited AFTER the successful checkout, the conversion-rate will jump to 100%. the zero-conversion-rate doesn't feel right.
if an item is added to the cart (wether the dedicated item-page has been visited or not) the conversion rate should not be zero after checkout.
if an item is added to the cart without visiting the the conversion rate is zero after checkout.
Steps to Reproduce (for Bugs)
- remove all userdata from your database to get more easily aware of this situation
- visit your shop
- add an item to your cart while not visiting the product page. this can happen if you have a productpage with some suggested fitting products/accessories on the same page which can be added directly on this page
- go to matomo -> Ecommerce -> Products -> Product Name and check conversion rate: zero (as aspected)
- checkout your card
- go to matomo -> Ecommerce -> Products -> Product Name and check conversion rate: still zero (maybe not as aspected)
- visit the dedicated product-page of your bought item
- go to matomo -> Ecommerce -> Products -> Product Name and check conversion rate: 100%
- Matomo Version: 4.3.1
- PHP Version: 7.3.x
- Server Operating System: macOS
- Additionally installed plugins: -