Hi I partially reverse-engineered the
/plugins/UserCountryMap/svg/FRA.svg file to update it in accordance with the regrouping of French regions since January 1, 2016. namely:
- removal of old regions
- addition of ISO 3166-2 codes in the additional attribute (
<path> objects, as it is the case for other countries without any problem of ISO code. It's a trick but it works.
See the Wikipedia page for more info about this administrative update.
Finally, we have 13 metropolitan regions instead of 22.
Editing was made with Inkscape. The method is not reproducible due to the lack of a functional map generator,
but I suppose that it's better than nothing...
However, it should be noted that even Natural Earth Data is not up to date on this point.
See the issue here
This closes issue #15203 and is related to #11929.
- [ ] Functional review done
- [ ] Potential edge cases thought about (behavior of the code with strange input, with strange internal state or possible interactions with other Matomo subsystems)
- [ ] Usability review done (is anything maybe unclear or think about anything that would cause people to reach out to support)
- [ ] Security review done see checklist
- [ ] Code review done
- [ ] Tests were added if useful/possible
- [ ] Reviewed for breaking changes
- [ ] Developer changelog updated if needed
- [ ] Documentation added if needed
- [ ] Existing documentation updated if needed