@Endlesscrafter opened this Issue on August 12th 2020

Tested Matomo Version: 3.14.0
Special Config:
enable_segments_cache = 0

Steps to Reproduce:

Tested by Webinterface:
Go to Behaviour, then Downloads and
(Export All Rows) or (Export Custom Row Limit 500)

Also via API:
https://matomo.example.org/?module=API&method=Actions.getDownloads&idSite=1&period=month&date=today&format=xml&token_auth=REMOVED&expanded=1&flat=1&filter_limit=1000

Adding a &filter_pattern= will not help.

This will just return 100 data rows with an additional header row. But not more rows, which would be expected, as more than 100 files were downloaded for the given period and site.

Segmenting this data with actionURL will result in an empty result set.

@tsteur commented on August 12th 2020 Member

Hi @Endlesscrafter thanks for creating this issue. I tried to reproduce this but can't unfortunately. Could you update to the most recent Matomo version and check if this is still happening?

In the UI itself do you see more than 100 results?

@Endlesscrafter commented on August 13th 2020

Hi @tsteur,
Thanks for testing it out,
the UI also only shows 100 lines even when changing to more lines in the drop-down. You cannot navigate to the next page on the bottom of the downloads list.

I will update to the latest Matomo version and get back to you if the issue still persists. If I can reproduce I will provide an in-depth procedure to reproduce.

@Endlesscrafter commented on August 13th 2020

Hello again @tsteur ,
the Matomo instance is already on 3.14.0 which it says is the newest stable version. Do you advise to update to the beta channel?

@tsteur commented on August 13th 2020 Member

Sorry I was confused with the Matomo version and thought there was a newer one. Apologies for that.

Any chance you could check your config/config.ini.php regarding some of these settings? https://matomo.org/faq/how-to/faq_54/

Maybe it's configured to be limited to 100 rows.

@Endlesscrafter commented on August 17th 2020

Hi @tsteur,

I did not change any of these values, but now I also tried adding the mentioned lines to the config.ini.php with at least a value of 1000. But this did not change the behaviour.

What can I do now?

@tsteur commented on August 17th 2020 Member

Sorry I can' think of anything else right now. It could be a server configuration thing or something else. If you can share a login to your Matomo that would maybe help so we could maybe see what's happening there. In case it's possible to give us temporarily a login for that site feel free to email us at hello at matomo.org and afterwards mention it here just in case the mail goes into spam.

@Endlesscrafter commented on August 18th 2020

Hi @tsteur,

As we run this Matomo instance for a customer, I will first have to ask them about this.
I will then get back to you.

Thank you for your help!

@Endlesscrafter commented on August 24th 2020

Hi @tsteur ,

I finally got approval from the customer. I sent the mail to hello at matomo.org as you requested, already including administrative access. You can reach me here or via email and I will happily provide you with anything you need.

Thank you for your time, again!

@tsteur commented on August 24th 2020 Member

Thanks for this @Endlesscrafter

You can delete the account now again.

The problem is that all these rows are in a so called subtable (not the top level table). There is a setting of

datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_subtable_actions = 100

by default for each subtable. You can customise this setting as described in https://matomo.org/faq/how-to/faq_54/

For example you may want to set datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_subtable_actions = 1000 and put this line into the [General] category of your config/config.ini.php.

This Issue was closed on August 24th 2020
Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror