@KarthikRaja1388 opened this Issue on January 8th 2020

Issue: When viewing a report by choosing a date range between years(ex: Dec 2019 - Jan 2020), the numbers are not adding up right. Evolution graph seems to be having a different number than the numbers shown in the reports

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Choose date range for example Dec 30 - Jan 5
  2. View any report, number in the report is not matching to the sum of numbers in the evolution report

image

In the Overview report the visits should be well over 80,000 visits for the chosen period but it's only showing 24,792 visits

Note: Reports works fine if the date range falls in the same year

@tsteur commented on January 8th 2020 Member

@mattab moving this for now out of the backlog. It might be already fixes as part of other issues. And we also have #14123 so could even close it as a duplicate.

@KarthikRaja1388 In case you haven't done yet... Could you maybe invalidate the data for that range or week and archive it again? Or select a slightly different range eg 29-12-2019 to 2020-01-04 to see if it happens there as well? I just tested it and could not reproduce it.

@lolobu commented on January 10th 2020

I have the very same problem with the same date range.
Basically, any report from any date until Jan 4th is correct. Now if I keep the same starting date for the range but add Jan 5th, the total number of visits decrease.
For instance :

  • Dec 30th - Jan 4th : 2315 visits in the visits summary widgets (which matches what the graph gives day per day)
  • Dec 30th - Jan 5th : 1543 visits (but it should be 2315 + 577 from Jan 5th, so 2832 visits)

I get the same discrepancy with any starting date from Dec 2nd until Dec 30th. Adding Jan 5th gives a lower total than ending on Jan 4th.
But if I use Dec 31st instead of Dec 30th as starting date, the total number of visits reported is correct with either Jan 4th or Jan 5th as ending date.
And if the starting date is Dec 1st (or any earlier), the problem is gone also. The totals are correct again.

@tsteur commented on January 11th 2020 Member

I can actually reproduce it indeed. I was selecting up to the 4th when trying to reproduce it and it was working. But to the 5th it is indeed broken. Basically, there must be some issue with processing that week.

@tsteur commented on January 12th 2020 Member

FYI: For a test I just invalidated the data and then archived again and it was showing the correct number afterwards. I also confirmed through debugging that it is using the right dates when archiving.

The number of visits shown for the first week of the new year was some random number. Like it wasn't the sum of 30th+31st or the sum of 1st-5th Jan.
If I had to guess, there was maybe some issue with report invalidation.

Looking at the archive dates it looks like this:

image

So it was not re-archived again in the new year which probably confirms the invalidation issue.

@lolobu commented on January 13th 2020

Indeed, invalidating the data and archiving again fixed the mismatch. Thanks.

Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror