Right to restrict processing, at a glance (source / learn more)
- Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data.
- When processing is restricted, you are permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.
- You can retain just enough information about the individual to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
Right to object, at a glance (source / learn more):
Individuals have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
We already allow users to opt-out from data collection with the optout iframe.We could have a page for this as well showing the opt out iframe html again etc and explain that Matomo users should embed this into their page.
We could also make sure that if there is the opt out cookie set, then we don’t send tracking requests at all. I think currently they are ignored server side maybe.