In line with understanding our community and user base a little better and how different events impact growth we would benefit from a consolidated view of various Piwik metrics.
Considering that most metrics (if not all) are already available I suggest we take the following approach:
1) Start a spreadsheet with the different weekly metrics.
2) Include key events within the metrics so that we can gain a better understanding of what triggers what (eg: new release, #piwik-dev, blog post).
3) Fine tune spreadsheet with feedback from Piwik team members.
4) Perhaps attempt to automate the collection of these metrics.
5) Publish these statistics for online viewing (team members only).
Initially include the following metrics:
As suggested by Matthieu in one of his emails : record stats at start of month for previous month's activity.
I have collated a range of Piwik metrics/stats in a single spreadsheet and will email this as an attachment to the team@ email list. The stats contained within the spreadsheet are for March, 2010. At this stage I will manually collate stats and perhaps at a later stage we will try and automate the process as well as add some pretty graphs.
To members of the Piwik team please review the emailed attachment and provide any relevant feedback.
Robert couldn't maintain the list, so I think we will stick with our existing metrics