@mpocceschi opened this Issue on July 13th 2017

Hi everyone,
I found that if I use an anchor link (#) on a site (monitored by Piwik with Cross Domain Linking enabled), this is "caught" by Piwik's string and so the direct link to the anchor does not work anymore.
You can see what happens to this public link.
At the end of the page you will find an anchor link and you will see what happens.
If I manually modify the link generated by Piwik (cut and paste) by moving the anchor BEFORE the "?" symbol of the string, the link returns to work properly.
I hope to have been useful and to have explained to you correctly.
Thank you

@mattab commented on July 24th 2017 Member

Thanks for the report.

At the end of the page you will find an anchor link and you will see what happens.

Would you please explain here what happens and the wrong URL that was created?

@mpocceschi commented on July 24th 2017

Ok, i'll try to explain it better:
at the end of this page (click on the word "page" to reach it) you will find another link, this:
If you now click this link (you need to click it from that "mother" page otherwise you cannot see the problem), you will see that it trasforms itself (thank to the Cross Domain Linking of Piwik enabled) in this:
putting the anchor inside of the piwik string instead of let it outside.
In this way the anchor i need doesn't work, but if i rewrite the link in the right manner (putting the anchor outside of the piwik string):
it works perfectly.
Forgive my english, i hope i've been clear this time.
Thank you

@mattab commented on September 18th 2017 Member

Thanks for the detailed report, we'll investigate this

Powered by GitHub Issue Mirror