Checklist for a successful release:
- [x] Beta release cycle has started with the first beta release!
- [x] Forum support: regularly check all posts in Support & Bugs forum
- [ ] Forum General questions: look for bugs & regressions in General questions forum
- [ ] Backlog grooming: check issues without milestone if any one should be fixed in this release
- [x] Check this list of issues across all Piwik repositories, where the milestone is set to
- [x] Make CI builds of our official plugins
piwik/plugin-* all green
- [ ] Tag a new release for
- [ ] Fetch our latest and greatest home-made libraries with
composer update piwik/referrer-spam-blacklist piwik/searchengine-and-social-list piwik/piwik-php-tracker piwik/component-network,piwik/component-ini,piwik/component-decompress,piwik/component-cache
- [ ] Fetch the latest composer libraries for all with
- [ ] Up to date submodules
- [x] Tag the RC candidate
- [ ] Check that the build is green
- [x] Package & release the Release Candidate
- [x] Post sticky thread in forum about RC,
- [ ] inform RC release on social media
- [x] Release candidate cycle (at least 1 week cycle)
- [x] Fix all remaining issues in the milestone
- [x] All open source plugins builds are green on
master with latest RC
- [x] Plugins that needed a version bump are now released on the marketplace.
- [ ] Synchronise translations from transifex
- [ ] Up to date submodules
- [ ] Prepare the Changelog entry for the new release:
- [x] Mark that the release has a major DB upgrade
- [x] Use our github changelog generator to generate the changelog using this
- [x] Add to changelog any new issues or FAQ added since first RC
- [x] Add to changelog the security issues fixed, if any
- [x] Do not publish publicly the changelog yet. This also ensures security issues are not publicly visible until the stable release.
- [x] Change changelog published date to the release day
- [x] For each issue in the changelog:
- [x] is this issue relevant to developers? let's mention it in the Developer changelog
- [x] is this issue's title descriptive and useful to people scanning our changelog?
- [x] are the right labels applied to the issue? (issues tagged with labels such as
Major are grouped together in the changelog)
- [x] if this issue was sponsored, we note the sponsor organisation in the changelog.
- [x] Close milestone on Github
- [x] Release publicly the new stable version!
- [x] In Github release write
## [Piwik XYZ Changelog](https://piwik.org/changelog/piwik-XYZ/)
This Github download (below) is only meant for developers and it will require extra work to install it.
* Latest stable production release can be found at https://piwik.org/download/ ([learn more](https://piwik.org/docs/installation/)) (recommended)
* Beta and Release Candidates releases can be found at https://builds.piwik.org/ ([learn more](http://piwik.org/faq/how-to-update/faq_159/))
- [ ] Take screenshots of new features + draft a blog post showcasing what's new
- [ ] Create this 'Release Piwik 3.*' issue in the next release milestone
follows up #11580